At Grizzly, we partner with Adventurous Brands to build a more purposeful, people-first world. As we grow, we are looking for a Visual Designer to create beautiful, original work that solves brand challenges with creativity.
In this role, you will lead the design process from conception to completion for the whole range of client work including web, email, print, packaging, branding, and logo design. You’ll collaborate with our team and clients to brainstorm new concepts and execute design work, all while meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
We’re building a culture that fosters creativity, experience, and growth. We’re looking for a proactive self-starter who is obsessive about good design, but more importantly, who loves to create alongside other people who are passionate about what they do.
This is a three-month contract position, starting immediately, with the potential for the contract to mature into a permanent position on the Grizzly team. Because we are rapidly growing, you would be getting in on the ground floor at Grizzly, with the opportunity to evolve with us and shape your future here. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for bold design, and you love working with creative teams, then we want to talk to you.
- You’re a conceptual thinker with a strong point of view, and you can start off projects by presenting surprising, innovative concepts to the team.
- You’re able to think high concept, yet still be meticulous about the details.
- You know how to translate client requests into functional, gorgeous, original design.
- Your design is purposeful, thoughtful and intentional.
- You’re a driven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of a team.
- You welcome collaboration and criticism as a part of the creative process because it makes your work better.
- You know that as a consummate professional, you have to leave your ego at the door — the work is more important.
- You take your work (but not yourself) seriously.
- Most of your experience is with digital design, but you’ve done it all – print, brand, and web.
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves finding innovative solutions.
- You’re able to clearly and confidently articulate your ideas to team members and clients.
- You are a conceptual thinker with excellent creative instincts and a passion for quality.
- You have been successful leading creative design through all stages of development and execution—ensuring quality and brand consistency along the way.
- You’re comfortable leading presentations and interfacing with clients.
- You have a high quality aesthetic, and you’re willing to innovate and go above and beyond to create an exceptional end product.
- You are able to thoughtfully and persuasively articulate creative concepts to cross-functional teams at all levels of an organization.
- You’re naturally curious, plugged into the current design landscape, and aware of the newest trends and technologies.
- 3-5 years of visual design experience working with B2B and B2C organizations.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally to deliver an excellent end product.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert with industry-standard design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Sketch, and Edge Suite).
We offer industry competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation/sick time and support alternative transportation with a dedicated stipend for public transit or other eco-friendly options, and financially support your desire to be fit and happy with a wellness stipend. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remote or from your home office, this is an in-house only position.